HOW TO GET YOUR WORKS ON THIS MAGAZINE
At Spin and Holla, we are delighted in showcasing music artists from around the world. We like to give everybody with a good material, a chance to get heard. It doesn’t matter what part of the world you come from, if you are unsigned, just got signed, been signed for a long time but not enough buzz, blah, blah, blah, it doesn’t matter. The only thing that counts, is that your material is “Good Music”. Oh, there is also room for big artists too who might want to reach a new audience. We welcome all.
However, since we have a very small team for now, unfortunately, we won’t have all that time to write about everything we’d like to. We have lives too :-). Get it?. So please be patient with us.
Just to make things work out fine, we have put together a little guide below, on how to get us to work for or with you. Once we’ve worked on your submission, we will contact you. If we don’t, its probably because you didn’t impress us enough. As artists ourselves, we know how it is to be turned down and we also know how to keep fighting until we have what we want. So if you are a go-getter, never stop sending us materials until we respond.
The guide below makes our work much easier.
Guide to follow (Message line of the form):
- What is your real or stage name, age and where are you from?
- How long have you been making music and how did you start making music?
- What kind of music (genre) do you fall into?
- Do you create your own beats or write your own songs?
- Do you play any instrument?
- Do you do other stuff apart from making music? If so, what? (if you are working, studying, etc. Please, provide every possible detail, even though it may be brief. Anything that will make potential fans to get to know you better is important.
- Have you ever been signed to a major (label)?
- Where can your music be found? Soundcloud, YouTube, etc. (Provide a link, please)
- Any new single out?
- Are you planning a new release for the market? If so, when do you expect it to drop? If you already have a single or album out, do u have a link where people can buy it?
- What should your fans or potential fans be expecting from you in the future?
- Provide a good image (pictures) or give a link where we can get one from.
With responses to the questions above and your music (MP3 files), please submit to us using the form below or directly to email@example.com. Any incomplete responses sent, will not be treated. We ask that you link us to your personal blog, SoundCloud, myspace or Bandcamp page/song so we can easily stream more of your music. Non the less, the ‘good’ material(s) you send us will be extensively used to your own advantage on our site. If we like what we hear we will further contact you for more information and possibly an interview. Meaning, send your best material. We also do a review on mixtapes or even giveaways.
Remember, this is just a guide for you to have an idea of what we expect from you. If you already have a biography or discography somewhere, just send us the link.
You can still contact us even though you are not an artist. We like to hear your candid suggestions on how to improve; about artists in your neighborhood that you think deserves a shot or just a word of encouragement. We are also willing to accept your any financial support through personal donations or advertising. It cost us money to make this dream work.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Our Facebook and SoundCloud account is to promote spinnholla.com and artists we are showcasing. So please, do not send us any music directly through these social media. Instead, you can leave your comments. It one way of supporting the artists that we showcased.
Please, for now, submit file at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Note: any material that runs against the law or the coexistence of human beings will be automatically deleted. This is not a hate or political site.